View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 06:01 AM
Guru

Just seeing this thread now haven't been on in a few days :-( anyway i have been making folders and using carbon fiber on almost every one (i love the stuff) what i do is go to MSCDIRECT.COM they have every drill bit you will ever need and in multiple materials...the sizes i generally need for folders are 14,23, 44, 51, 54 i may be forgetting one then i use 5/32 and 3/16th and slightly above 3/16th reamers and some counter bores most of the counter bores are carbde tiped the drill bits i get in cobalt and i buy them buy the dozen....if you go to MSC and "sort" the page by price you will see some where you can buy 1 bit and some that you must buy 12 i get 12 cause i know i will use them and they are not all that expensive i have never sharpened a drill bit once dull i chuck it that's it but i do get more than 10 holes on each bit i don't think i have ever thrown a bit away at 10 holes no matter what i go through carbon fiber titanium steel wwat ever...but again msc is cheap enough just use them and throw them....