View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 01:54 PM

Hi Phil,

It appears that both of us are straight shooters, so this will work out well. My first question (which still has not been answered is what makes your knives investment grade).

Next, my dissertation was not directed towards you. Obviously you were very fortunate from a business perspective to grow up in the environment you did. Most of us are not so fortunate.

My comments about your knives were right on. When you can see space between the bolster and handle material in a picture. There is room for some improvement. First comment would be to get rid of the 3 screws in the bolsters.

Lastly, it is easy to talk about "art" when you do not have to make your living at it. Phil, I suspect if like most of us who do this for a living, especially those of us raising a family. That your view of the business aspect of custom knives would change. If all of your expenses had to be paid by the sale of your knives.

Phil, like it or not my comments about your work are accurate. Obviously you are entitled to your opinion just as I am. To your credit your knives have a unique look to them. As well with your extensive business knowlege should you choose to you could probably create a "niche" market for your style. However, that would take a serious commitment of both time and money.

Best of luck with your knifemaking.

www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com

Last edited by Les Robertson; 11-08-2005 at 01:57 PM.