View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 05:08 PM

Sorry I have not been able to check on my post. Things at the post office have been very busy and I pretty much eat, sleep, and work right now. Scratch the sleep part.

Ok...first, more clarification. I do not have a "shop", as in employees. I just do this as a hobby. Second, it is Texas Knifemakers Supply. Third, I know it is S90V because I ordered it from Crucible and picked it up at Crucible in Arlington, Texas. Fourth, I handed the blade to the gentleman at the Spirit of Steel show in Grapevine. I filled out some paperwork and he traced my blade on the back of the sheet so as not to get it mixed up with other knives. It was clearly marked on the paper as being S90V. We also briefly discussed the heat treating process and the temps required of S90V. I feel that even at 42.7 rockwell hardness, it will make a great knife. I ended up selling it to a friend of a friend, well under what I would have sold it for, who knows that it is only 42.7 rockwell. He didn't really care so long as he could carve up a few deer with it.

Russ, TKS can not make it right. I enjoy their great attitude with customers and I will continue to order supplies throught them, but the damage is done and I will not trust them to do another heat treatment for me. My intention is to find out who can do it correctly so I can send my blades to them.

Who is Paul Bos and how can I get a hold of him? Does he have a website?

Bryan