Thread: CPT-Jim RIP
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

CPT-Jim RIP

Sad news today, Lt. Col. Jim Tighe (retired) passed away unexpectedly today. He hasn't been on the forum for quite awhile, but was active at one time. He had a knife made for his deployment to Afghanistan by knifemaker Gib Guignard (Cactusforge) with a sheath by Chuck Burrows. Gib became sick while Jim was overseas and when he heard about it, he sent a flag to his hospital room. Later, Jim had knives made by Don Halter (kragaxe) and Chris Daigle that he took overseas. He was a captain in the army when he got on here, but was promoted to major, then to Lieutenant colonel just before he retired. He posted some pictures on here from Afghanistan, but I couldn't find them, so I suppose they've been deleted.

Searching through the old threads, it's amazing to find so many posts by knifemakers who have passed on to the next life. Maybe it's just amazing that I'm still around to remember the good times those guys brought to this forum.

So if you have a moment when you're saying your prayers, please include Jim's wife and son.