Thread: DDR3 Scales?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2003, 12:54 PM

If only all my new equipment did cost just a mere $1000....Thanks to my being sucked into knifemaking thanks to the kit knives (and in turn, exposed to a whole new world made up of power tools, exotic woods, and lots of steel), my workshop has gone from 0 to 180 mph in under 2 years!

One of the biggest advantages of starting off with the pre-machined scales is that the screw holes have been pre-drilled. Without access to a drill press trying to make your own scales can be a bit tricky...

May I strongly suggest you take some time every day to read through these forums. Here in the kit knife forum alone there is a wealth of info...and it's all free for the taking! There are many threads here that talk at length about finishing the scales...and the rest of the knife...which sandpaper grits, files, torx #######, respirators, various types of embellishment, the list goes on. You can get by with just a few, varied sheets of sandpaper, a paper toxic dust respirator, and some torx #######...and as you get sucked in, you can buy all sorts of goodies in support of this highly addictive narcotic we call knifemaking.

Good luck. If you have any questions, you know where to post 'em.

Dennis Greenbaum

Yeah Baby!