View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 06:20 AM

Reefer
I have read (can't find the article) that many old bars were made of O-1. However, most bars today are laminated - three layers riveted together - steel unknown. Not sure about Stihl, not likely you'll get a reply, but good luck. If you have a solid bar, I would definitely give it a go. Good bit of material there.

I hope you are successful in getting a HI event set up. You won't regret it. The first couple of times takes some due diligence to make work but they get esasier as you learn the ropes. A good friend and I started one up in N. Ga at the Trackrock Campgrounds (private) several years ago with the thought to keep it simple, fun, and free. We are planning our 16th event for this spring. They just keep getting bigger and better. I won't go into details here, but send me a PM if you want more info on what we went through growing pains wise and how we have managed to keep it free (most aren't).

You have a great crowd of hammerheads out there to gather up. It can be a lot of fun.
I'm currently reading a book about Joe Meek, supposedly one of the Mt.Man-gone statesman, mover/shakers in establishing a US territory/state in the northwest region. Very interesting individual.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H