View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 09:51 AM
Skilled

I think the explanation on the offering has been reworded (or I missed something - a rare occurrence). Notice the wording of the statement in bold. He now seems to say that he acquired the knife Post-Vietnam when he was engaged in other classified operations. This makes it possible that Sgt. Myers did own and carry this knife...just not in Vietnam. That would explain the post-Vietnam age of the knife.

Here is his explanation attached to the offer on E-bay:

"S-T-A-T-E-M-E-N-T

In December 1969 through November 1970, I, Daniel Myers volunteered to serve with MAC V SOG (Military Assistance Command Vietnam, Studies and Observation Group), Command and Control North, Recon Company. I joined Recon Team Connecticut and took the 1-1 (One-One) position with David Bennett the 1-0 (One-Zero). I held the Assistant Team Leader position until March / April 1970 when I was reassigned as the NCOIC (Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge) of the CCN Isolation Area. Post-Vietnam, I worked in Classified Operations that have not been downgraded. During this period, I acquired this Model 14 Randal Knife that has my nick-name ROCK carved into the sheath.

Photo:

Daniel R. Myers

Recon Team ?Connecticut?

Command and Control North (CNN)"