View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Administrator

You can also film it (like in the open and closed position, upside down, viewing zoom-in on lock area) and send it to us by e-mail to ::: sales1 (at) knifekits.com

Many times we can see what's going on visually and suggest what might be the culprit before you modify something that you're not sure of. The true problem can be a lot of things, or a combination of everything.

I always try to align the blade squarely in the closed position, align it in the open position, check the sureness of the lockup by looking for enough contact between the liner and blade, the blade being firmly held in the open position by a solid contact with the lock stop pin, etc. Once I'm happy with those checkpoints, I then tighten the heck out of every screw, including the pivot. I recheck everything by opening and closing a few times while tight. I might even add some oil and seat it in a few times (10-20?). I wipe it off then and slightly back off of the pivot screw. I then check the action and make sure the blade is opening smoothly. I make sure there is no side-to-side play in the blade and I then stare at it in satisfaction. Following that, I put it in my pocket and go around for a few days bragging like heck about it!

Seriously, we welcome everyone to send images (or even the knife) and we'll set it up for the first time by suggesting where you need to adjust (if you're unsure about where the lock should join, how, is it safe?, etc.) The #1 thought about owning and carrying knives and guns is their safety, right? And especially their safe use. If you in any way feel unsafe when you look at a knife, or feel that the lockup just isn't right... or if you see a friend with an unsafe lockup and can't figure it out... get a pro's opinion before you carry or depend on that knife!! Knives are designed to cut. The last thing you want one to cut is you!

Safety First!!!

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC