View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Skilled

Disco?

Les,

There you go. Mike hit the high points right on the head. An I didn't have to do a thing. It looks like Mike did the same research I did. That or he just has a dang good eye. Either way, his points all appear in the site development principles from my days in Computer Science classes.

Adding to Mike's list, page ranking and meta tag are a big topic of discussion among developers.

Below is the meta tags straight form you site.

meta name="keywords" content="George Knives Balisong Les George Custome Knives Knife Folder Fixed blade Custom Hand Made Hawaii"

Keywords should be separated by a comma. Custom not Custome, although adding common misspellings is a good ideal. And I would add hunting knives, hunting knife, skinning...well you get the picture.

Meta tags are the way search engine robots classify and direct users to your site. Put in everything you can think of that directly applies to your businesses.

Oh, and haven't you heard...disco is making a comeback. I still have dialup and can't get anything else, unless I'm willing to give up my first born.

The suppliers of satellite internet services estimate there or between 12 and 20 million potential rural customers willing to part with their first born. I read that 65% of rural and nearly 40% of all American homes still have dialup. I don't know how many people that is, but it seems like a lot of potential good old boy sales to alienate.

Mike's points about a gallery page with fast loading thumbnails that link to image pages and leaving out the bandwidth eating dancing bear animations address these customers. I know your site doesn't have that problem, but this post makes me think your about to do an overhaul.

chiger,