View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 06:58 PM
Steel Addict

Ron -

I appreciate you "giving me this one", I think. I don't believe the stag Commando pictured was the only one of its type made in that short period, we just don't know how many. Two? Five? Only the journals will offer that information. Gaddis does offer plurality when speaking of these knives, but we can be certain it wasn't many.

Thanks for the apology.

It has never been a contest for me about being "right" with an issue, but I sometimes believe that is the sole driving force for others once they are fixated on a certain point of view.

As for the HKL sheath issue, I am still amiss to any new information. We all new what was what, but it wasn't a point of contention. Was it historically accurate? Nope. Did it affect the price of that period of knife? Nope. I know many if not most folks still refer to a brown button sheath with an RMK stamp as a Johnson. Personally I don't make it a point to seek them out and correct them, but if I am part of a conversation, I will mention it. Most folks really don't care either way to this day. That is just the way it is