View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmontg View Post
Working has lost some of it's appeal to too many young people. I will tell you that I live near Las Cruces NM and if you can find some nice Desert Ironwood I would like to hear from you as it is a favorite of mine. It is one of the few woods that doesn't need to be stabilized for knife handles. I sometimes go to Waddell, AZ to visit my uncle so swinging by isn't a problem if you can locate some decent Ironwood.

I am pretty good with leather work and know more than a little about making knives. would be more than happy to help you and your brothers in anyway I could.(Just don't ask for money,lol)

Welcome to the Knife Network, in my opinion the best forum for knife makers and enthusiasts.
Thank you very much! My younger brother Nate (15) is really into leather work. He just got a really nice sewing machine a couple months ago and has been making some pretty neat stuff with it.

This link takes you to a picture of a leather journal he made for my birthday last month. All hand tooled and it resembles my own horse! He also has made a few knife sheaths.

You can see some more of our work HERE.

Ironwood is also one of my favorites for pen making. I've got a few good sources down here. I might be able to help you if you can PM me the dimensions and amount you're looking for.