View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Almost there!

Yesterday Jay Kemble came down from Milk River, AB, and hooked up the remote wiring for the power unit.....now I can start it up, and shut it down from inside the shop! We also tested both the press and rolling mill, checked all the lines for leaks....and so far it seems everything is good. The foot control for the rollng mill works great, and now I'm just waiting for the new air regulator to arrive, so I can hook up the pneumatinc foot control for the press, and see if I can "tweak" it to work the way I'd like it to.

With all the "new" stuff in the shop, I decided it was time for a new anvil stand too. The old one was made of pine, which is about all thats available in this part of the world. But last fall when Cindy and I went back east, we brought back a trailer full of oak, walnut, and cherry. I made the anvil stand from 4, 19" sections of 6"x6" white oak, and true 2" x 8" oak boards. I'd forgotten how tough and hard oak really is! I burned up a brand new 10" blade on my mitre saw, and literally had to drill EVERY screw hole in the whole project. (yep, I twisted off a few screws before I started drilling )

As soon as I get everything cleaned up, I'll try to get some video of everything running and post that.

Whew! What I thought was going to be a simply machine install, became a mid level renovation.....but thats OK.....it'll all be worth it!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."