View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Not sure how this is gona work, but the good news is that I got a call late yesterday evening (Friday 28 Sept) from the Mayo Clinic in Arizona. They have agreed to see me.
The bad news is that the Appointment is a LONG ways out......24 Jan 2013. As poorly as I've been feeling/doing, I'm still going to pursue what I can around here....such as looking into the VA hospital in Helena, or anything else that can get me some care sooner.

I'm also going to see if the referral folks at the base can try to get me in sooner at a location out in Seattle, WA.....the gal I spoke with from Mayo Arizona said that I could cancel the appt. at any time without penalty.

The other hurdle is that the Mayo set the appointment directly with me, which means that I don't have a Tricare authorization ye (thats backwards of how things usually work with Tricare).....so whenever the Mayo packet gets to me, I've got to get it to the folks at the base so they can Authorize it....no way we can afford to shell the whole thing "outta pocket". Hopefully the Lord will provide another option sooner, that will heal me up.... and I can cancel the Mayo appt.
Please keep the prayers coming......I just wanna be me again, and be the Husband and Dad that I should be....rather than eating pain pills all the time and laying on the couch.

As a few folks have said to me, it's difficult to see "God's Plan" when you're in the middle of the storm, but I know it's there.....I just have to keep watching/looking for it. This event has given me the encouragement to even push harder on the local level, to try to get some answers sooner.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."