View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Steel Addict

TomD....Thanks for the comments, and yeah, I'm not typically a lucky guy but I hit it big last week.

Buddy..I'll definitely check out the book, are there any libraries open any more? Here are a few more shots, smaller files this time. This is quite a challenge. I took about 40 shots and most of them have issues (maybe all of them). Out of focus somewhere, hot spots, reds showing up, damascus not showing......

I think you're right about my diffuser, it's got clear spots, not quite white. I'll have to find a replacement, the white trash bags maybe.

Different background this time, cork shelf liner, softens the shadows but kinda weird. It's odd how the colors change when I shift the lights around. The settings are the same: automatic, macro, but the colors come out different.

Composing the shots is obviously an art in itself, aside from the technical aspects of all this, I guess you have to develop an eye for it. I'll keep viewing the pros work and maybe get a clue, eventually. The collages I see seem to be an excellent way to display different aspects of the knife in one presentation....but one thing at a time.

Here's some more. I think my previous shots are better, I don't know why.

Got about an hour of sunlight left....gonna go dig in the yard and get my hands dirty. More comments, critiques welcome.

Mike