View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 11:36 AM
Skilled

Yes one did sell for some ridiculous price, but I thought I read that it was an anomaly caused by some misunderstanding. If these two-screw white tenites are worth this much, I wonder what Gary Clinton's three screw original is worth? In any case, the market for collectable Randalls seems to have softened a lot in the last few years.

Might as well post this white Tenite handled Randall m15 that is also now on E-bay. The seller is asking $16,000. This is an Orlando blade rather than Solingen, but the Heiser sheath is damaged with the brown button missing and a hole in the leather where the snap was. It probably cannot be repaired. On the good side, the early two-grit Norton stone appears to be an original whereas the stone with the Solingen is a replacement.

I would probably rather have the Solingen. It is certainly one of the early-early Solingen blade batch delivered in 1955. I would then search for a period stone.

Another question - why is it that the white Tenites all seem to be m15s? There should be some m14s somewhere...the original m14 and 1m5 knives shown to the military were 3-screw white Tenites.

Last edited by Jacknola; 07-23-2017 at 06:59 PM.