View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 06:05 PM
Guru

They look real good for your first's deffinitly, what ray was getting at about breaking them wasn't using them hard and hitting them with the hammer. first you heat treat a blade strap it into a vise and snap it in half,,,,if it just bends and wont break its to soft when it does break you look at the grain to see how you did in the heat treat then you repete that and use the knife and abuse it first you have to check the grain to know your heat treat is good, there is a lot more to it than what I am describing here so when your ready to heat treat and break your next blade either send me a private message and ill help ya get through it or just put up a post I am sure there are many of us here that are willing to walk you through it....remember if your knife is not heat treated well its not a knife its a knife shaped object. so if you have to break a few blades to test them and get the heat treat right it will show you how to make your future knives a real knife. I think the goal of most of us here is to make knives that will well out perform any manufactured knife you can get in a store that's why a lot of buyers buy custome knives and one of the reasons they cost so much more than a factory knife, let us know when your ready to test your knives and learn to heat treat