View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Founding Member / Moderator

True enough. If a person was thinking of going for the high end KMG then maybe considering the high end Russian grinder would be prudent especially if money were a serious obstacle. We were discussing a comparison with the Grizzly though and at that end of the price scale it seems to me the Griz still has an advantage being a turn key system.

If a person was willing to spend a bit more up front (over the Griz price) to get a minimal Russian grinder set up because they were planning to expand it in the future that might have merit. Even then, I'd weigh that option against doing the same thing with a KMG. The KMG obviously will cost more but we know the company, it's in this country, and the product is made of steel rather than aluminum. I like the Russian grinder for its design and price point but I would still have to look carefully at what it, the Griz, and a KMG would cost (and anything else I could find) to get a functioning grinder before I'd commit my meager money to any of them ....

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!