View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Got a message yesterday from my Primary Doc. He has sent all my records, and his notes off to the Mayo Clinic, and has the referral "in process". I have no idea what the procedures, etc. are for getting me to the Mayo, nor how long the "process" takes to get me headed that direction....just hope it's soon.

I've pretty much shut down working in the shop, and seem to spend more and more time on the couch. I've had 3 visits to a Chiropractor, and all I can tell you is that after going to see him, the rest of the day after him working on me are the most pain filled days I've had. He tells me there is a lot of scar tissue on my ribs from the past biopsy surgeries.....but I don't know how much good he's doing me.

Now it's wait and see how long the Mayo referral takes. I'm also a bit worried because the Mayo is not considered a "network provider" by our insurance (TriCare)......we'll have to find out what that means as far as paying for things......I know we can't do it, if it all has to come "out of pocket". It might be a situation where I have to settle for going to Salt Lake City...or somewhere like that, who is within our insurance's "network providers".

Not only is being sick a pain in the rear (and everywhere else)....they make anything beyond a simple visit to a local Doctor's office a mountain of red tape.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."