View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Sears went under here in Great Falls....and even before that, the only tools they would repace were ones that specifically had "lifetime warranty" actually ON the tool. And the kicker was when they did replace a tool, it was some "rebuilt" thing, that might or might not be the same model/tool you purchased.

Last time I took a 1/2 ratchet to Sears for replacement, the guy reached under the counter, and brought out a "replacement" that was all rusted up and wasn't even the same style/type of ratchet. After demanding to see a manager, I was told that if I wanted a replacement, it was the rusty ratchet, or nothing. That was the last time I purchased a tool of any kind from Sears.

Around here, Ace Hardware and Kmart are carrying "craftsman" tools...and if I were to buy a craftsman tool, it would be at my local Ace Hardware. I've gotten to know everyone there, and would trust them to make the warranty good.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."