View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 09:10 AM
Skilled

Hello all,
Dad Gum! I just found this thread. If I had found it sooner, I would have loved to have go at it. I have never made a folder. Fact is, I have only finished a couple of fixed blades and I had to have a lot of help completing them. I have learned quite a bit though. I am lucky, I have a knifemaker friend (Ken Beatty) who puts up with me on a regular basis. I also know Ray Rogers. I say I know him, I don't actually, but I bend his ear on paltalk when I can and I do consider him a friend. I have spent quite a bit of time looking at Ray's tutorial on building a Liner Lock and I have sketched out quite a few that I would like to try. Now for the next project, I hope you guys will try something really simple. I don't have a lot of tools. I have a forge, 1 x 42 grinder which I ain't very good at using yet, drill press, a dremil and lots of files. What is a frame lock and what is the difference between a liner lock and a frame lock? Sorry, I just don't know the difference. I assume it has something to do with the way in which they lock open. I know you guys just finished this project, I started reading last night and I read about half way through it. It was fantastic reading by the way. Any way, hope you guys will try something simple and I will do my best to follow along.