View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Quote:
Will 1.5 HP suffice? I like the 110v plug which will not limit my ability to find a work space as opposed to the potential issues with a 220v (I am a renter in a large expensive city and ideal work space can be difficult to prioritize)
I think you're going to be limited to 1.5HP IF the motor must be 110V.... about 1.5HP is going to require 220V.

Quote:
Are there any ventilation requirements to work with this grinder? My current work space is in my basement where my dog stays while I'm at work. Aside from the requirement to clean after every use will it be detrimental for my dog to spend time in the same space I grind?
Ventilation is REQUIRED with ANY grinder! I cringe whenever any says they are grinding in a basement..... it's like being inside a bubble with a smoke grenade..... Stuff is gona get EVERYWHERE. I understand that working in a basement might be all a person has, but it's just not a good scenario.

As for the dog.... I have 3 of my own, and anytime I am grinding anything harmful, they are not allowed to be there. They either go into their outdoor pen, or into the house. Anything that can affect human lungs can affect a dog's..... I once had a knifemaking friend who killed his Cocker Spaniel by allowing her to be in the shop when he was grinding pearl.... not good.

Quote:
Are there any comparable grinders to the KMG 3 Speed that may be a better value?
Personally, I don't think so. There are a lot of newer grinders on the market, and I've either looked over or used most of them, and NONE of them hold a candle to the robust/heavy duty nature of the KMG, and I've always found Rob Frink (who makes the KMG) to provide top notch customer service, where many others who sell grinders want nothing to do with you after they have your money.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."