View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 09:46 PM
Guru

Sure Kyle, give it a try. Flatten near the front of the rounds and drill a hole for the pivot pin. You can bolt it, double nut, or forge the pin. By all means broaden your horizons. A decent 3lb forging hammer goes a long ways. PM me if you encounter problems blacksmithing. I did blacksmithing before ever forging a knife. There are lots of neat tools you can make smithing. Learn to twist a file knife handle, looks cool.
It's a whole new sport and people will pay for smithed artwork. I made some forged door handles, $1200 installed! Palm Springs Cal. though. Lots of rich people.

http://www.themetalguy.com/

My brother's website. I noticed I got absolutely no credit for what I did. I made most of those lamps for The Pirates Of The Caribbean movies. Under Artwork, look at that sculpture with the stainless ball on top. Yes I can make a big ball out of flat sheet metal. 15 grand for that because rich people don't know what to do with their spare money.LOL Took me a week and a half. Did most of the gates and all the stair rails and all knives. Some of those pics go back to 2003.

Some of that "artwork" we just made up.LOL

Last edited by jimmontg; 02-22-2017 at 10:04 PM.