View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBlade
Rod,

I am just about there with Model 3's. I can't tell you how painful it has been to sell some of the others. You do what you have to when the time comes. I hope you never get there.

Best,

Ron
Ron
I hardly ever look at any of my knives other than 5's. They non model 5's are definitely safe queens.

But a few years ago I decided I wanted every model in the catalogue, 1-27. Got those, then didn't know what to do. Thought about it for a long time, then decided on sticking with 5's.

It is not a monetary thing, just lack of use of the non 5's, taking up space and other bigger desires (5's). But I will keep all that I have, except a couple I have in tool steel. I know you use "bore socks" and Perry suggested Bartisol (sp), but I am not in love with tool steel. I have had two rust and have had them RMK refurbished. Tool steel isn't worth it to me. I had Ren wax on the knives, dehumidifer running in the room, with heat as well, but still a bit of rust appeared. That IRKED me to no end.

So I will stay with what I have and keep looking for a 5 or maybe two. My yearly orders, will be fancy or unique handled 5's. Thinking of narwhal tusk for my next handle material. Any thoughts on that?

Keep well
Rod