View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Master

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through all of this. I haven't been keeping up on the forums..I knew you were undergoing testing but I didn't realize how bad it was. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Caffrey View Post
I'd really like to stop taking these pain killers before my liver explodes!

I see they have you on vicodin...are they offering you anything else? From my very limited understanding they add paracetamal to vicodin and thats what causes the liver damage. I don't know if its possible to get vicodin without the paracetamal added but that would make it easier on the liver. Also maybe ask about oxycotin...from what I understand its also better on the liver, and man is it potent. Don't confuse it with similar drugs like hydrocodone because they add paracetamal to that as well. A couple docs told me they do that to try and prevent recreational drug abuse....people would be more leery of taking it if they knew it would kill their liver.

If you do try oxycotin I'd advise having someone else drive, etc. The one time in my life I've had it it left me too high to feel safe with power tools, driving, etc. I don't have that problem when I use vicodin (I'm prone to severe migraines)

I really hope they figure out whats wrong soon!