View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Ron,

If your looking for something like a "kit" that contains all the hydraulic components, I don't think there is such a thing. To my knowledge, you'll have to "piece" things together from different sources. The first step is learning exactly what specific "pieces" you need to achieve your end goals. After that, it's finding the sources for those "pieces".

While everybody wants to build their own forging presses, thinking it's more economical, in many cases if your not knowledgeable of hydraulics and the components, it winds up being cheaper and MUCH safer to purchase a ready made press from the sources that are available.

Thinking about it, most presses that I have built have required 4-5 different vendors, and a LOT of research. When you factor in all the time you spend chasing down vendors, parts, and the time spent assembling everything, the money you'd spend on a ready made press starts looking pretty reasonable.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."