View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
I watched the video, but was pretty sure what I was going to see before hand..... and it was. That is nearly always an issue with mutiple burners that are setup in that manner (run off a single line feed). The only way I know how to sort of solve it is to run two regulators off your main line, and then an individual line to each burner.
I suspect whats happening is that the regulator, either at the tank, or if you have a second regulator (which I always recommend) can't supply enough pressure/volume to feed both burners equally, and one is being starved.

Personally, I recommend using a single burner, whether its venturi or blown (I use a single venturi in my general purpose forge, and a single blown burner in the welding forge.) There are far less issues and problem of this nature to deal with.

Not sure how the propane folks are around your area are, but I've known and worked with mine for many years. When I told them I needed more psi then what the stock regulator that comes on their tank provides, they gave me a 0-30psi adjustable, and all the fittings to install it. If I remember correctly, some areas of the country will only allow a maximum of a 9psi tank regulator. If thats the case where your at, the only solution might be to go with a single blown burner. (you can run one of those at 4-6psi and get welding heat all day long).

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."