View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:04 AM

Smile Stanaback Special "Limited" Edition

Hi all!

I recently received my very special "Limited" Stanaback special from our very own Captain Chris. Thanks Cap!

There will only be two hundred of these knives created when the run is done, so most folks who have one will probably keep it in their collections. However, like all Randalls, this one could be used. In fact, it would make a terrific user, and was designed to be one by the skipper himself. All options are standard on this knife and there can be no additions, subtractions, substitutions, unlike at your local burger joint.

It comes with a very comfortable commando shaped leather handle which would fit most hands very comfortably. It has a single brass hilt and a rounded brass butt cap, with a nut (no reflection on the designer). There's also a wrist thong. The spacers are brass and black.

The blade is stainless (of course, this being a Captain's knife), and has thumb notches.

Since it is the larger 4.875 inch blade knife it comes with the standard ox-blood coloured sheath, with the EZE-LAP diamond sharpening rod (our own Azgator's favourite tool). Like all dealer specials is stamped by Sullivan's with the Captain's personalized logo.

Since this is a "Limited" edition knife it comes with a serial number etched on the right side of the blade. Mine is:

The Captain also provides a very official looking Certificate of Authenticity with the knife, just in case some doubting Thomas decides to label it a fake. Now who would do that?

I should also mention that fellow mod Seussbrother once had one of these which he found a tad butt heavy. However, in my hand it feels quite well balanced, but we all know that Seuss has a thing about heavy butts (his).

Lastly, it occurred to me that this knife could be considered the little brother of my Model #11-12, aka the "Smithsonian". You tell me...

I hope you enjoyed this "Limited" club, oops, I mean knife.

Cheers!

David