View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Skilled

Cool Jet Turbine Style Mini Burner !

YES !

You read it Correctly I am Tinkering with a Mini Jet Turbine Blower style Propane / Gases Burner for a Forge . It is Not a new concept However, Just a Much Much smaller design with a few Electronic solenoids to control the flow of Fuel and Oxygen for Maximum Volume yet low pressure with high Heat out put.

I have almost got the drawings done and a prototype done for testing .I have a few others that are in testing though the one that I am principally working with is the 12 1/2 in is Yes LPG and OX with a SS turbine in it . It currently runs very well at Idle between 1 to 3 psi and Forges Heats at 3 to 5 psi on a block 4 X 4 1 X 1/2 in 90 seconds in three different tests So far.

The thermodynamics of the Burner and the preliminary results are very promising. and showing Extremely Awesome Results. I am at about $19.50 US for a month to run the forge,that is 8 hours a day for 30 days.$19.50 is for about 20 LB of Propane for 100 LB of propane it is about $75.00

What say ye as to its abilities and feasibility. Instead of 90 Min/seconds of heat up time I am hoping for instant thermal heat such as a "Thermal Rocket Engine" is Fired .

Ret, Sgt. Robert D Yates

13 & On Forge

P.S.

I will Have Photos / Drawings up very soon and my notes as to how things work it has been a very long year and a half of work on this project so hang in there with me folks and join in the conversation and add your thought as to what you think the out come will be Pass or fail trump or tribulation ? I will share my work with the Community so everyone can see just has worked and just what did Not !

Live and Let Live , Do Not trespass on Life or Me! As we are not so kind or forgiving !

Last edited by R. Yates; 08-17-2014 at 05:41 PM.