View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Registered

Advice for a Newb

Hey, thanks for looking over my post. I recently ordered a kit knife after seeing a finished example I really liked and want to replicate. I sort of made this purchase with out knowing what I am doing yet, haha. But this seems like a fun hobby and something I will enjoy learning about.

My main question is about reference material. I am looking to purchase a book that covers the technical aspects of forming and completing a knife. I am not ready to forge my own blades so i want to buy a book that will cover the finishing process with much detail. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

I will continue searching this forum for ideas but would like to have reference material on hand and I have some amazon gift cards to use for this.

Just so you know what i am trying to do, I will let you know I bought the delta 5 drop point kit and I really like the example with the carbon fiber grips from knifekits.com.

I have access to a machine shop at school but I don't want to go in there until I have a set plan on how I am going to make this.

Thanks in advance for all your help!