View Full Version : New Step Drill

Osprey Guy
08-26-2002, 03:43 PM
I 'm just finishing up on a new kit: another EV4N1...

The scales are desert ironwood and boy are they ever gorgeous! This was my first chance to try out the new step drill bit from KnifeKits,com and it worked perfect...so easy!
Not only saved time (an entire step), but I ended up with much more accurate holes in the scales for the screw heads...nice clean fit.
Well worth the money.

The filework pattern I designed for this knife's backspacer and blade turned out to be a lot more difficult than expected...I was up until 5:30 am working it out...almost got it...a little more "fine tuning" and I think it'll be ready for posting. (Hope so anyway...)

I'll put photos up soon.

Looking forward to the new kits!;)

Dennis

Yeah Baby!:smokin

Darrel Ralph
08-27-2002, 04:28 PM
Dennis
I am glad the step drill worked out good for you !!!!
Cant wait to see the knife.!

SharpByCoop
08-27-2002, 04:36 PM
I have (4) on order, (2) of each size. (I like spares..) Glad to hear they're the ticket.

AHEM!!! And that filework post is dispayed where??!! ;)

Coop

Osprey Guy
08-27-2002, 06:46 PM
I said I'd post the filework photos "soon".

Fortunately the concept of "soon" is relative as I'm still "fine-tuning" this tougher than expected design. It's mostly worked out...not sure it'll ever be to my satisfaction as I tend to get a little anal about this stuff. Everyone I showed it to today was very impressed...so maybe it's time to start taking photos.

Let me play with it just a little longer.

Soon, soon...;)

Dennis

Yeah Baby!:smokin

PS. I've ordered 2 more EV's from what's left at TKS (I love that knife!) and 7 of the new kits from Alex. My new KMG1 grinder is coming from Rob Frink in the next couple of days along with all that I ordered to go with my start-up grinding requirements from several other vendors...I would have gotten more but I ran out of money. Hmmmm, do you think I have enough knife projects on my plate?:D