View Full Version : John Nelson Cooper Soceity

pathfinder
07-03-2002, 05:53 AM
Hi fellow members, I'm new to this forum,and glad to be here. The purpose of this post is to see if there is any interest from J.N. Cooper collectoers to start a John Nelson Cooper Knife Society. A friend Bill Bidwell came up with the idea after he spotted a Sammy Davis Jr. ad on ebay showing sammy with a large bowie which not correct it had an altered photo of Sammy with the bowie, and also had a signed invoice by Sammy for $5000 Most every collector knows he used the Apache in the movie The Trackers. I've talked with Mr. Clif Lenderman former partner and now owner of Cooper's Knves and he wants to see an outline of our ideas and how we would do it. So Cooper collectors we need your help with ideas and feedback

Les Robertson
07-04-2002, 10:13 AM
Hi David,

My recommendation would be to get with Paul Basch. He co-authored a book on Cooper in the 90's.

He is currently working as the buyer for AG Russell.

Paul would be an excellent place to start.

pathfinder
07-04-2002, 10:41 AM
Les: I have talked with Paul, we need more ideas on how to put this togehter. we need help on the computer end. Are you a Cooper Collector? If so maybe you could let other collectors know. Thanks

Terry Hearn
07-06-2002, 10:21 PM
Hello David, I have been talking with Clif and that idea is being tossed around some now. We talked about it some a few weeks back but neither one of us really knows how to start something like this up. Theres a lot of info about Mr. Cooper and his years here in Lufkin that I know a lot of people would like to know. As Les said , talk with Paul and he may be able to help it get started in the right direction.