View Full Version : Help ... :)

BenMcDaniel
01-06-2002, 09:32 PM
Well, I posted this already in the newbies section, but then I thought it might be better to post it here, so here goes...

I'm currently attempting to make my very first knife.It's just about ready for heat treating, the metal is 0-1, I've profiled, and cut my bevels, the edge is down to 1/16th of an inch(approximatly), and hand rubbed to 600 grit. I would really like to find a local maker willing to give me a tour of thier shop so i can see what it's all about :) or at least some one local willing to do a heat treat for me. I'm hoping maybe someone would be willing to help me with this, show me how it is done? I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for the heat treating...

I'm in Sour Lake, Texas, about 20 miles outside of Beaumont.

Thanks in advance,
Ben

KnifeWife
01-08-2002, 11:06 PM
Ben,
Give Gene a call. He does his own heat treating. We're in Fort Worth.
(817) 451-8243

BenMcDaniel
01-09-2002, 10:22 PM
Thanks Ma'am, I'll surely give him a ring if i ever get off work at a decent hour. :)

When would be a good time to call?

thanks,
Ben

KnifeWife
01-10-2002, 09:30 AM
We have a weird schedule too. Weekends are usually the best. You can reach Gene in the evenings or mornings. He's usually in the shop from about 10 - 6 most days.
I know that probably doesn't really help...
Or let me know when would be a good time for him to call you.

BenMcDaniel
01-10-2002, 06:39 PM
Well Ma'am, thanks for all the help.
I've gotten in contact with some local knife makers and such, and think I have just about got this puppy whooped :) :)

But I'm sure i'll be back for the next crisis :lol: :) 0:)

thanks again
Ben

Geno
01-15-2002, 03:32 PM
Any time I can help Ben. :)

nathan dozier
01-31-2002, 02:29 PM
a fella by the name of keith blalock may still be makin' knives and is suppose to over in that area.

Jason G Howell
02-02-2002, 04:15 PM
I'm south of Houston about 50 miles... Lake Jackson.
You are welcome anytime you're in the area.
Check my website for my contact info.