View Full Version : please help me identify this knife

Mathewszmax
09-06-2010, 11:33 PM
I have the oppurtunity to buy 3 of these knives each one is different and I believe they were handmade I would like to know who made them and how much they sell for the most identifying feature is the canoe stamped in the blade thanks in advance

WBE
09-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Go here http://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartList.aspx?catID=9&subID=58&styleID=229 They are $32.50. These are very commonly for sale at nearly any rendevous in the country. They are made from 1095 steel, and are good knives for the price, but they are not accurate copies of the knives the company claims they are copied from.

Mathewszmax
09-07-2010, 07:19 PM
thanks for the info I already bought one from this guy and I have been duped, I took his word as a very knowledge guy in primitive things and hand made stuff that these knives were hand made and I got screwed on the first one. I got to pay better attention to what I buy I feel like a idiot.

rhrocker
09-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Don't feel that bad about it Mathew, we've all been caught up in some scheme at one time or another (or if we haven't, we probably will).
Do you want to give any details about what he said, and maybe a better photo? We don't want anyone else to fall victim to this character. I hate it when people cheat people, but who knows, maybe he has an explaination, but I doubt it.
Robert

WBE
09-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Well, they are handmade, just not handmade in the context you were allowed to believe. There are two companies, maybe three, making these. River Traders is the one who made yours. They advertise handmade old fashioned craftsmanship. Coleman Knives is another. These are made by Wayne Zurl, and are closer to original patterns than the RT knives. Even look more handmade and correct, and are priced about the same as the RT's.

Mathewszmax
09-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Lets just say I payed to much for it, I sent the guy a email I have done buisness with him before and all was well, half the problem was he was supposed to make me a sheath to go with it then got sick he is a older feller and I felt the burden of owing me wasnt worth it on my mind so I told he didnt have to make me the sheath and I took my knife and called it day, keep in mind I had payed him in full already, then a few months goes by he selling off all his stuff so I talk to him about these knives again. So I do a little research and get yalls help to find out about them and then find out I got duped. He lead me to believe they were quality work, custom made and he got them in a trade and couldnt remember who had made them, I double checked my email and realized the description he sent me of them is coppied right off the website, I know long story anyways I feel as if I lost a little money but mostly someone I called a friend he was always was a great guy real friendly and he got over on me cause I trusted him.

sharper1
09-21-2010, 06:57 PM
looks like one of those antiques