View Full Version : where to get the little black washer for pivot

clayton
05-13-2002, 09:01 AM
i was completing a 605 kit and i noticed that i lost the little black washer that goes ujder the pivot screw. this wouldn't be a big deal but i'm missing the extra screw kit too. it's like someones messing with me. can anyone mail me one, or can i order one with out paying for the whole screw kit?
i'm real happy with how well the kits turning out. smooth action. and it's alot of fun. cant wait to get another one.

Coop747
05-13-2002, 01:49 PM
Clayton,

That washer is a small o-ring. Maybe it's just me, but I leave them out anyway. I prefer having a drop of loctite on the threads to hold the pivot screw just a *little* loose. It's your call. Call your supplier if needed.

Coop

(BTW--Hey send me a pic of your knife, and register with us. We like you!)

clayton
05-13-2002, 04:25 PM
how do i register. i thought i did.

Coop747
05-13-2002, 05:41 PM
If you did register, you need to 'log in' before you post. I have mine flagged so that it saves your name and password just by coming to the site. I think you can change this in your 'preferences' once logged in. It will save a 'cookie' on your computer to know it's you.

Coop

clayton
05-13-2002, 06:50 PM
back to the washer, the only problem i have it that the blade wont line up in the handle without it.its off center. i think i need the washer to give it the proper tension, without it being too tight.
if theres another way please share

Kelly
05-13-2002, 08:13 PM
Having previously lost an o-ring, and experiencing the same mis-alignment of the blade and frame, I made a replacement from a copper washer. Just spinning it on a mandrel against a belt sander reduced it to the desired width.
Alternatively, and easier, try shortening the female side of the pivot by a few mm in order to obtain the proper tension on the blade to center it. A few strokes with a file should be sufficient.