View Full Version : :mad: Ebay seller/Warning

B.Finnigan
03-02-2008, 11:27 AM
I know there are quite a few makers that use pewter or lead and cadmium free cerro alloys on knives and hawks. I ordered a 2.5 Lbs bar of pewter from the only Ebay seller of it right now out of CA. His prices were very reasonable compared to the commercial suppliers. I received an envelope with a 2" hole in it along with a thin paded envelope inside with another 2" hole inside. The bar obviousely punched out of both envelopes.

I contacted him and explained the problem and let him know that I would send pictures the next day of both envelopes. He said not to bother and that he had the delivery confirmation and that I was being dishonest. So I had to start the dispute process with PayPal. In the last 24 hrs he has sent over 12 harrasing and threatening messages via Ebay (not smart). All of this hassle over $23! He could have had me promoting him on four seperate knife making forums by just refunding the money or shipping another bar but instead had to play hardball.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up so you can avoid a headache/hassle.

dan adams1953
03-03-2008, 12:01 PM
thanks for the heads up, I was just looking at ordering pewter.I think I'll look somewhere
other than ebay.

Chuck Burrows
03-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Track of the Wolf has it in both leaded bars and non-leaded granules.
You can also use non-lead plumbers solder which is mostly tin (with a bit of silver and other alloying agents) which is mostly what pewter is. Here at Home Depot it runs about $11.00 a pound but there's no shipping costs so........

B.Finnigan
07-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Paypal refunded my full amount plus shipping within 48 hrs of filing the dispute. They did not request any documentation from me. It looks like they viewed his ebay PM's to me and decided he was a "knob" real quick like.