View Full Version : TKCA...pics...stories?

Don Halter
08-18-2006, 08:28 AM
So who went? ...any good pics or stories? I was in PA shooting spruce pinecones out of a cannon while visiting the hillbilly relatives and couldn't make it. :)

mlovett
08-23-2006, 02:40 AM
Hi Don! my wife, Manuela and I went. We had a wonderful time. Dealer, and well known collector of Loveless, and Moran, Louis Chow flew in. He had a table for me, so I got to show the Lovett-Loveless Connection Knives. We had about a dozen different models to show. Had the chance to visit with Ruple, Martin, Jack Putnam. Looking forward to next year! Mike

Johnny Stout
09-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Don, I forgot my camera this year so wasn't able to take any pictures, although Leon Treiber did take a few of the wreck that he had on the way to the show. Someone pulled out of a driveway in front of him and wrecked his wife's car pretty bad. No one was hurt tho'....

I think the show was down from past years..... at least the attendance seemed off as far as I could tell. My show was off, I know some makers did extremely well while others did little or no business, but that's the way with all shows. On Sunday, everyone in the room seemed to have on a table holders ID badge, lots of visiting going on but not much else. That's a big part of the fun and attraction of the shows for me though, getting to see and visit with friends that I only may get to see once a year........I'm hearing that Chris is moving the show to Roundrock next year but I haven't confirmed that with him yet.

Sorry you missed the show Don but it sounds like you may have had fun weekend yourself. Look forward to seeing you at Grapevine, hope you can make it. I'll bring my camera with me for sure!!

Johnny

rhrocker
09-01-2006, 05:24 PM
I sure wanted to go but some health issues kept me close to home base. Like Johnny, seeing and visiting is a big part of any show. I have to admit though that I'm dissappointed to hear the attendance may have been down. Has the knife fad come and gone? No way, plus it's not a "fad", never was, never will be. A lot of things can contribute to attendance, fuel prices being a big part of it. By the look of the names that showed there, I'm guessing that they did their primary "business" Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. That seems to be when the big deals are made. Then the usual "show sales" make up another large part of it hopefully.
Anyway, sure missed seeing all the people I met last year. Johnny, stop by the shop next time you're at the Uvalde Walmart Supercenter (grin).

RNTKnives
10-02-2006, 11:44 PM
I'fn you're lookin' for TKCA Austin pics, here a few. Great show, and I loved participating in it for my first year!

Sorry guys... kept telling me my pics were too big. e-mail me and I'll send them, maybe it'll like someone else better.

Jeff!