View Full Version : That ole knife you were talking about....

Buddy Thomason
05-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Roc,
I'm spoofing you a little here. I remember recently you said, "When are you going to take a picture of the blade I made for you?" - sort of whiny like. ;) So, here it is:

http://www.fototime.com/023A331E0B44BAD/orig.jpg

hammerdownnow
05-23-2006, 11:26 AM
The squeeky wheel gets the grease! :lol Thanks Bud!:101 Great job capturing all the different textures. Is that an authentic gorge it is hanging on, or a repro?

I did not know Chuck Burrows rehandled the Shepards knife (pic 20). I knew he was doing a sheath. Is there a thread with more info?

The slide show gets stuck at Don Robinsons Scagel slipjoint for me. (pic22) Beautiful album.:bow

Don Robinson
05-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Pardon me for butting in, but I have to say that's a really beautiful knife and I really like the way it's displayed. :D

Buddy Thomason
05-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Roc - I don't know if the "gorge" is antique or a repro. My wife brought it to me from some time she spent on Easter Island. I'll as her for more detail.

You must be talking about the pictures on my FotoTime image hosting site. The slideshow is probably not getting stuck per se, but still waiting to load the next pair (they load by twos). Anyway, Don Robinson (thanks for your comments above, Don) might or might not want to claim the Robinson folder of which you speak. Actually it's by Dickie Robinson, Vega, TX. And yes, there is a thread somewhere (maybe in the sheath making forum or sheath display forum) about the "250 Year Old Shepherd's Knife" that has the whole story I think.

hammerdownnow
05-23-2006, 01:25 PM
Oops sorry about the mixup. I know Dickie... well, I met him. What a card, and a fine maker and compitition cutter. I waited and waited for the pic to change, I did notice the hour glass was up, so it could be on my end. I had never seen the end results after the Shepards knife went off to Chuck. I will look for it. Interesting story.

Thanks for the compliment Uncle Don, and your input is always appreciated.

hammerdownnow
05-24-2006, 06:23 AM
I don't know how I missed that. Here it is for anyone else who missed it.
http://www.knifenetwork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27165&highlight=%22250+Year+Shepherd%27s+Knife