View Full Version : April 2006 Meeting

carol
04-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Can ya'll believe I came all the way up for the meeting and did not even get my camera out of the van to take pictures to post. Can't be because I had Avery, Emmie, Micah, Melanie and Frank with me. Having all 3 of the grandkids at a knife meeting proved challenging. But we all had a good time.

We had to leave early to get over to Kinston, which is where I am now, to help Carol with some computer issues. Tomorrow we are going to run over to Chocowinity to see Travis Daniel. Travis is recovering from triple by-pass surgery. Maybe he will survive the whole Poythress Clan along with the Kellys showing up on his door step.:D

It was good to see all of you at the meeting. And congratulations to Bill Bisher and Phillip Gaddy. They are now the "helmsmen" of the NCCKG with Bill being the new President and Phillip being the Vice-President. John thought highly of both these men so I know you will be in good hands.

Thank you Andrew and Bill Pate for your past leadership. You guys are appreciated.

I don't know how often I will be able to get back up for the meetings but you guys held a special place in John's heart. You were his inspiration to even begin to imagine that something like this could happen in Georgia.

Continue promoting Knifemaking and the craft. If you let your passion die, the craft will soon pass away also.

Joan Poythress

Phillip Jones
04-10-2006, 03:23 PM
It was good to see you and Avery again as well as meet the other family members.
Thanks for the bar of steel. Now I know exactly what steel John used for the sword.

Travis had triple by-pass surgery????
I hope he's doing well.