View Full Version : Randall Sheath Buttons?

castle1911
08-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Hello, I'm new to collecting Randalls and just came across a Model 3 with a 5" SS blade, NS hilt, NS lanyard hole and stag handle with finger grooves. I bought the knife because I wanted a user and this one just fits the hand.

I just noticed that the sheath, which was advertised as original and bears what looks like all the markings stamped on the back has snaps that do not carry the Randall logo.

Can anyone tell me if this has any significance or did Randall simply run out of their tell tale snaps for a period of time?

Thanks!

dirty water
08-29-2005, 09:28 PM
Welcome Bean-town Brother,
Anyone calling from the home of the WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON REDSOX, deserves an answer here and now! The button in question is totally legit, the "plain" buttons were discontinued in the mid 90's, and the present logo buttons have been in use ever since. Hope this puts your mind at rest so as you can concentrate on watching the WORLD CHAMPION BOSOX repeat!!!! :D ---------------DW-------------------

Raindog
08-29-2005, 09:51 PM
::: sigh :::

DW, how can you be so cheerful with those #### Yankees breathing down your neck? I have a feeling that it might be a very hot October........ :lol

Go Bravos! Look out for the Tigers in 2006! :101

Welcome Castle1911! We don't all live in Red Sox Nation. :D

-gary

dirty water
08-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Wait just a minute Mr. Dog, there appears to be a discrepancy in your statement, correct this if it's wrong, but,
A
Lifelong
Admirer of
Boston
And their
Mighty
Athletes

--------------------------- :smokin ----------DW----------- :smokin --------------------------

castle1911
08-30-2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the answer..

Actually, now that the Sox have won, it's a strange feeling. Not sure if another season will ever live up to the last one.. It was a wild ride!!