View Full Version : What Will They Think Of Next?!!!

Moosehead
07-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Well folks, this "Randall" related item currnetly on sale on eBay really takes the cake! :eek:

The auction is for a "Randall knife box" and the item description reads as follows:

"Randall knife box. 13 1/2" long, almost 4" wide and apprx. 2 3/4" deep. S/H inside the Cont. U.S. $5.00. Insurance is extra. You must be at least 18 years of age to bid on this item. Please ask all questions prior to bidding. Item sold as is. "

The starting bid is $9.99.

Don't miss out on the fabulous collictible. Imagine the investment potential, let alone the beauty and craftsmanship of this rare cardboard box in minty condition. :lol

Moosehead

Raindog
07-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Durn! I just threw one away yesterday. Should I go dig it out, you think?

-gary

crimsontide
07-24-2005, 12:32 AM
David,
I think that you should go ahead and bid on that one since the wait to get one from the shop is now 50 months!!!!!!

Wayne

Rob Kelly
07-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Geepers

I still have about 6 or so stashed

But to sell them on ebay

Nah

Moosehead
07-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Hi Gary!

Durn! I just threw one away yesterday. Should I go dig it out, you think?

Most definitely! I hope for your sake your garbage has not been picked up yet. :lol

Hi Rob!

I still have about 6 or so stashed

Yikes! SIX! You could flip 'em over on eBay and use the proceeds to buy one special Randall knife! "He who hesitates is lost!" :eek:

Cheers!

Moosehead

Rob Kelly
07-26-2005, 07:42 PM
David, I seem to have a constant collection of about 20 knives

I do also buy sell and trade and the knives do change

I use the boxes to ship knives around

recycling I guess

I guess I have a core of keeper knives and will trade and or sell other knives to get the ones I really like

Raindog
07-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Usually, I am in such a hurry to get to my knife that the box is unusable after I open it. I am like a child at Christmas.

Moosehead
07-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Well for the life of me guys, that box on eBay has been viewed by 119 computers and there hasn't been a single bid placed so far. Unbelievable! :eek:

However, there's still well over three days left. :D

Cheers!

David

Wideglide
07-26-2005, 09:28 PM
Moose you know that with the highly collectible items on ebay bidders "sit in the weeds" till the last minute.

The "Captain"
07-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Seussbrother has got himself some company...Wideglide, Raindog, Moose..Ya' just ain't right! Best, Captain Chris Stanaback

Moosehead
07-30-2005, 07:56 PM
Well folks!

I'm in shock and disbelief that you all let this magnificent RMK box slip threw your fingertips.

Imagine, the auction has ended without a single bid! :eek:

Perhaps the seller's description did not to the box justice. Maybe something like "curvaceous, corrugated cardboard, perfumed with the essence of a new Randall and sheath..." would have attracted the knowing connoisseur of art.

Oh well, I guess you can all put those boxes out in the recycling now... They'll be no fortunes to be made with these. :D

Cheers!

Moosehead

RedElk
07-30-2005, 08:28 PM
I was just wondering, could such an item be used by "the dark side" to pass off a fake?..even if the deception only involved the delivery date?

Just a thought.

Moosehead
07-31-2005, 07:39 PM
Hi RedElk!

You are just too devious. "... could such an item be used by "the dark side" to pass off a fake?...." Do people really do such things? :eek:

And if they do, now look what you've gone and done... :lol

Cheers!

Moosheadinabox (Minty)

RedElk
07-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Well, at least it shows a little more thought than selling the same set of knives over and over and over and over again.

Rob Kelly
07-31-2005, 10:36 PM
Just a word of caution to all

Dating these shipping cartons by postmark could be fraught with danger

A particular carton may have been in stock for quite some period of time

Oh goodness :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

RedElk
08-01-2005, 07:34 AM
Should we date them by the tape used instead?