View Full Version : President's Letter

Andrew McLurkin
07-20-2005, 12:43 PM
With the recent change in Newsletter Editor we will not be getting out our Newsletter this go around. Below is a copy of the President's Letter. Look for Bill Pate to be posting directions to the upcoming meeting. Bill was also good enough to mail out the Demonstration Schedule to our members as well sending directions to Bill Bisher's shop. Thanks Bill!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elections held at our last meeting produced two new Board Members. Both Barry Jones and Marge Gervais decided not to run for reelection. Their contributions to the Board will be sorely missed. I?m sure all of our members join me in thanking both members for their years of service. I know Barry will be busy taking care of the knife making classes at Montgomery Community College, and Marge will continue to provide valuable input into the affairs of the Guild. Thank You!

Change brings good things in the form of Norm Gervais and Henry Runion. Norm was elected for the Board Member position and Henry has taken on the duties of Secretary. Both makers have a long history with the Guild and will undoubtedly continue our proud tradition. Add to this, Alan Folts has generously offered to take on the job of Newsletter Editor. As you know this is one of the most vital means by which we all keep up to date with the activities of the Guild. Its good to know that our Newsletter will be in capable hands. Joan Poythress served as Newsletter Editor for many years and raised the Newsletter to the exceptional publication that we all came to know. Our many thanks to you Joan!

The meeting this past April shaped up to be another good one. As you can see from the pictures included in this issue there was a broad range of events. Thanks again to our demonstrators and those who participated in the activities. It seems that we all have something to teach and some things to learn.

Our next meeting will be held on July 30, 2005 at Bill Bisher?s shop in Denton, NC. Directions to Bill?s shop and the Demonstration Schedule are included in this issue.
I know many of you, including my self, look forward to an opportunity to get into another maker?s shop to nose around and see how things are done. Better hide your trade secrets Bill.

As always we are looking forward to another fun meeting. We hope to see you all there!

Andrew McLurkin
President
North Carolina Custom Knifemakers Guild

mrsjoan
07-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Andrew,

Can't wait to see the line up for the next meeting so John and I will be able to see what we are going to be missing. John and I again won't be able to make this meeting. He will be getting ready for the Guild Show in Orlando and just can't manage the time.

We are hoping we will be able to make the fall meeting, but you know many times life just gets in the way of the things you want to do. We are not even sure this year we will make the "Meet Your Maker" show since we are slated to become grandparents for the 3rd time that weekend. It was a hard decision :rolleyes: but the arrival of our next young man has taken center stage in October.

Can't wait to see the newsletter. I know Alan will do a great job because behind every good man is a GREAT woman and I have met his wife :)

It may be winter---but we shall return.