View Full Version : My First Typhoon!

shooby
07-23-2004, 11:03 AM
I'm (more or less) finished my first Typhoon!

I know the design's not very clean; some of the angles got a little messed up. But I think this is pretty swanky for my first knife kit.

I still have to tweak a little bit of the filework, polish up a few spots, and do the whole loctite/militec thing, but otherwise it's mostly complete.

Have a look! (http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=956349)

By the way, these are just hasty pics until I can get some better ones up.

And special thanks to Dennis Greenbaum for helping me out on this one!

arampapik
07-24-2004, 01:02 AM
Hey bro, I think thats one "bad ass" typhoon man. I love the pattern you used on the handles, and the work on the blade. Really impressive.
I wish i could customize my typhoon, but have no idea how. I got both kind of handles, teh standard and the ones with the inlays one. I got some cocobolo inlays, but i can't even put them in.
I havn't tried putting them in cuz i didn't wanna mess it up, lol. I always tought there should be a lot more information about this knife kits typhoon, about assemblign it and customizing it.
And all that talk about "assembling it right". In my head, you can't "assemble it wrong". Just too simple. But theres probably more to it than just "putting it together". right?

but great job.

arampapik

no quarter
07-24-2004, 07:33 AM
i like the filework you did. if this is the first knife you ever made.you did a dam good job

SharpByCoop
07-24-2004, 11:38 AM
Be proud of this one. There is a LOT of nice work involved. Good on ya'! :)

Coop

ExamonLyf
07-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Shooby.., that's a terrific job on the Typhoon. Really nice vine filing on the spine, and I think you have some very cool ideas.

You also got some of the best help available. Dennis' stuff is simply incredible!

Very nicely done, and if those are hasty pictures I'm probably gonna drop-kick my camera down the street when you take the "good ones"....lol.

Nice job, congratulations! :101

shooby
07-25-2004, 04:51 PM
Thanks guys!!

Pete, I've been waiting for the sun to come out to take some nicer pics....sadly it hasn't happened yet!

ExamonLyf
07-25-2004, 05:09 PM
Well.., sun or no sun.., I think your pictures are excellent, and the work is impressive. A lot of thought and time went in the that knife.

Can't wait to see the pictures under better conditions....

Blasto
07-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Schizzam!! That is some nice work there broski! You've obviously got a steady (or patient) hand. :101 Love latch/butt work.