View Full Version : OT: kingdom of loathing

nybble
06-24-2004, 04:25 PM
ok.. ok... it has nothing to do with balisongs.. but i just started playing kingdomofloathing.com and it's totally fun. It's an online rpg (maybe might be considered even a mmorpg) - it isn't as big a time sink as others of it's ilk since it limits the number of significant moves you can do every day. Heh. If you're into that stuff join up and let me know who you are there. :)

Icon of Sin
06-25-2004, 07:09 AM
Pretty neat, i just signed up... username is IconOfSin of course :D

nybble
06-25-2004, 07:58 AM
hope you like it! I find it quite addictive and am quite glad (sorta, heh!) that it limits the number of adventures you get per day!

I have two chars (accidentally, but figured I'd play them both) - foodo and boodo

Blasto
06-25-2004, 08:35 AM
I've been signed up there for about a week now. I'm... er... what was my handle again? Oh, it's Blasto. :rolleyes:

I'm a disco bandit and I love my bum cheek hat.

ExamonLyf
06-25-2004, 10:22 AM
I have to check this out.., but if I get addicted to this thing :(.., I know who to blame. Limited adventures per day was a very good idea.

nybble
06-25-2004, 11:39 AM
heh! yeah... it's the sort of game, i think, where you are either addicted or not really into it. :) At any rate, if you're playing message me (there's a message link in the top frame) at either boodo or foodo. I play pretty much ever day. :)

Blasto - the bum cheek hat is good, but get another and you can make a full on ass hat!

Icon of Sin
06-25-2004, 11:46 AM
im not sure about the limited adventures thing, I did all the adventuring, now im stuck until tomorrow. It kinda limits progression... but I guess its a good thing so you dont have these high level players smashing us noobs...

shooby
06-28-2004, 06:57 PM
I know if I check this out....I'll get hooked and it'll steal all my time away. :rolleyes:

Argh! Must.....resist.....

nybble
06-28-2004, 08:19 PM
why resist? :) actually, that's the good thing about it - your moves are limited so you at most spend maybe an hour or so a day, maybe a little more - depending on how obsessive you are. And you spend a little more time as you get more powerful. but hell.. it's fun. :)

Blasto
06-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Nybble, thanks for the tip... the ass hat is superb!! :101

Icon of Sin
06-30-2004, 08:20 AM
Any of you guys high enough to start a clan yet... we need to get one going, im only LVL 4 though. :(

btw. I have the volleyball, how the hell do I make it bloody?

ExamonLyf
06-30-2004, 11:43 AM
#### :(..., now I have to look at this thing over the 4th weekend.....

I'm afraid to look at work or I'll be unemployed!!! :(

shooby
06-30-2004, 11:48 AM
Very well....y'all have convinced me!

I'll take a look sometime in the near future.

nybble
06-30-2004, 12:06 PM
heath - you need to get a seal tooth from the sewer, but I'll message you one cause going for things in the sewer is the worst. :) Take a look at this page it's got spoilers - mostly you need it to find out how to make stuff. http://suqur.shackspace.com/kol.html

And I'm pretty close to 7 so I'll be starting a clan soon. Probably won't be knifenetwork specific cause I'm playing with some other folks, too.

As for the rest o' ya. If you do join up message me at foodo or boodo so I knows who you are. And if it's all the same to you, we need some saucerer's and pastamancers! But play whatever you want. :)

I'm away this weekend, 1st to 6th. holy smokes I can *not* wait to leave. work has been kicking my yellow ass.

nybble
07-01-2004, 08:22 AM
Heh, ok, I finally levelled to 7 and started a clan - Procrastinatus. If you're level 3 go to the town then the clan district and search for my clan and apply. I'm out for the weekend, but my friend can approve or i can approve when I gets back. :) There's not much now, but I plan on beefing things up soon!

HellForged
07-01-2004, 12:26 PM
I signed up yesterday...same name. I've never played one of these but man it was cool and hilarious. I'm hooked. Mind if I join yer clan?

~Matthew

ExamonLyf
07-01-2004, 12:33 PM
Welcome to the Balisong Forum here at Knife Network Matt. :)

Heck yeah.., stick around and teach these guys how to play. I'm gonna hit the "Kingdom" this weekend and see what trouble I can get into....lol

shooby
07-01-2004, 03:16 PM
I also joined today, as shooby.

I must say, I'm pleasantly suprised. Other free online RPG's I've played have had a tendency to...well....suck. But this one keeps things moving along quite nicely.

I like it! :)

ExamonLyf
07-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Well, I took the plunge and ran around on "Noob Mountain" some yesterday... :) That stupid bird keeps sending me out to find more stuff so far.., but ya gotta start somewhere huh...lol

I'm "ChiaPete" in the Kingdom..., thanks for the name idea Dave.. :)

Icon of Sin
07-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Awesome, Nybble has the clan info and stuff, he will beb ack on the 6th I think and we will get you guys in it.

ExamonLyf
07-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Made it to Level 3.., and ran out of turns :(

Blasto
07-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Made it to Level 3.., and ran out of turns :(

I hit that sad state every day. Get more adventures by drinking booze (get "salty dog" at the mall once you're a high enough level), and eating (pizzas are the way to go unless you're filthy rich or powerful). I just reached level 7! Whoohoo!!

nybble
07-12-2004, 08:29 AM
Heh, Pete, think of running out of turns as a good thing. It prevents you from spending too much time playing. :) Next time you log on - check your messages, I left you the notes on how to apply to the clan so you can get in - once in you'll get some meat and extra turns every day. And booze is good, just like in real life! (hmm... although in real life, drinking a lot of booze, doesn't actually seem to give you any extra turns...) Mad train wine (gotten from adventuring in the sleazy back alley (in the wrong side of the tracks) is a good way to get low level booze and asparagus from the haunted pantry is good food. :)

ExamonLyf
07-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. :)

Pretty fun game actually. Following the humor of those that designed the game is interesting in its own right.

ExamonLyf
07-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Wow.., thanks for the help Felix.., and the Clan membership!

Man did I get my butt kicked today adventuring.... :(

I just winged it.., and met up with some tough critters!!! The "Salty Dogs" did help though.., at least I was drunk while getting drop-kicked around the Kingdom, so the pain was minimal!

Onward!

Blasto
07-14-2004, 07:59 AM
Nice work pete. Those salty dogs are where it's at. There was a bug some time back where you could duplicate them, so now there are millions of them around, and the price never goes over 66 meat each.

I just got my own Mall by the way. "Your Local Midwest Crap Shack". If you're ever in a fix trying to sell something, feel free to let me know, and I can put it on the open market for you.

Adventure on!! :101

nybble
07-14-2004, 01:00 PM
Nice! Yeah, I opened up a store, too. Not sure how profitable it is going to turn out to be.. but search for stuffhaus and you'll find it.

Pete, adventuring in the pantry, sleazy backalley and cobb's knob is a great place to start - if you go to a zone that you can't go two monster's w/out having to heal yourself - avoid that place till you increase your stats. And don't forget to go to the gourd tower and the council of loathing if you haven't already.

good times. :)

Icon of Sin
07-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Well im on level 7 now and im using the hot/cold ninja running uit. Icy Hot katana is the bomb, 100 power to it... makes adventuring pretty easy... and the gym is great oo, Im glad we got all the equipment, makes level advancement even easier...

Plus today I obtain "Liver of Steel" from the friars so I can drink more. I suck down a crap load of salty dogs when my adventures are all gone, then with the new adventures I got work out in the gym since I am usually to drunk to do anything else.

What a great game...

nybble
07-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Yeah, the gym's pretty good - but try and use the gym on stat days. I usually try the shore or the gym when the moons align for a given stat that I want to work on.

Oh - just in case you hadn't noticed - you can still adventure until you're up to 19 drunkenness (now that you've got a good liver!). So suck down the dogs till you get to 18, have a beer if you want and then adventure some more! Save the last one till after your done adventuring to get some more for tomorrow. Heh!

Blasto
07-15-2004, 07:55 AM
That iron liver is handy. I've been focusing more on the council tasks, and boy is it worth it! The "Badass Belt" is worth the day and half of required adventurin'. Plus, I'm finally a multi-millionaire! Got me a Mr. A and sold it for over 11mil. Yehaw. :smokin

Icon of Sin
07-15-2004, 02:23 PM
What exactly does the Mr. A do?

Blasto
07-15-2004, 02:43 PM
What exactly does the Mr. A do?

Mr. A, (Mr. Accessory) gives +15 to all stats when equiped. The only way to get one is to buy one (10 mil and up) or donate $10 or more to the guy who makes tKoL through paypal. Once you get it, someone is ALWAYS ready to take it off of your hands for ridiculous amounts of meat. :101 10 million is enough meat to buy you more stats than that little trinket will ever provide you with.

Icon of Sin
07-16-2004, 07:41 AM
How bout someone just donate 1 million meat to me...:D

ExamonLyf
07-16-2004, 10:14 AM
1 Million Meat!!!????????????

Geeeeeesh.., the liquor vendors in the Kingdom have all my meat! :( Hit them up for a loan....lol

nybble
07-16-2004, 10:17 AM
the thing w/ mr. a's is that they are the only (or there might be a couple other) item that are going to remain after the reset. So, to some extent, they are the only thing that have real value. Although, no one knows when, exactly, the reset is gong to take place.

You need some meat, pete? You're only buying salty dogs for 66 meat, right? I'll set youse up with some more meat.

Blasto
07-16-2004, 03:10 PM
the thing w/ mr. a's is that they are the only (or there might be a couple other) item that are going to remain after the reset.

I kind of wish I would have known that before I sold it. Nah... I would have sold it anyway. :p Now I wipe my backside with slabs of meat. :eek:

By the way nybble, the clan is looking ki-cass. I use the gym a little each day.

Icon of Sin
07-16-2004, 03:39 PM
I kind of wish I would have known that before I sold it. Nah... I would have sold it anyway. :p Now I wipe my backside with slabs of meat. :eek:

By the way nybble, the clan is looking ki-cass. I use the gym a little each day.
Yeah, the clan rocks... :101 Love the work out equipment and stuff...

ExamonLyf
07-16-2004, 04:03 PM
You need some meat, pete? You're only buying salty dogs for 66 meat, right? I'll set youse up with some more meat.

Thanks Felix :).., got the meat delivery..., and no.., I've been paying much more for the Salty Dogs :(..., where the heck are they for 66 meat???

nybble
07-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Glad the clan's kickin' ass. It is satisfying to start the day with some meat and extra turns. :) I usually wait till the moons decide that it is a stat day that I need then I eat and drink all I'm going to and spend all my turns on one stat. That certainly boosts you a little. :) My boys tomorrow are going to work myst tomorrow - gotta gets my magicks up if I'm going to pvp land!

I'm like Sam the butcher delivering Alice the meat. :) Wait.. that would make you Alice. hmm... forget this lolo business, I'm callin' you Alice! ;) Always use the mall's search at the top - it'll show you what you're looking for starting with the cheapest ones. I tend to just go to boozerbear's shop - he's got a lot of salty dogs for 66.

You guys gotta start corrupting your friends into the Kingdom. :)

And when you get to level 10ish - don't forget to get some elemental saucesphere's and just hunt the yeti. That's where you get the big bux.

Icon of Sin
07-19-2004, 07:35 AM
I have slain the BonerDragon....WooHOOO!

That was definately the hardest fight I had so far... (yes I am a noob) hey I go the goat Familar, what does he do to help you out?

Also, any of you guys doing PVP yet... Im thinking about breaking that #### hippy stone and having at it.

Blasto
07-19-2004, 07:55 AM
I have slain the BonerDragon....WooHOOO!

That was definately the hardest fight I had so far... (yes I am a noob) hey I go the goat Familar, what does he do to help you out?

Also, any of you guys doing PVP yet... Im thinking about breaking that #### hippy stone and having at it.

No idea what the goat does. I'm sticking with my volleyball. He's wicked round.

And I don't have the guts to do pvp yet. Let us know if you smash that hippy crap. :D

nybble
07-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Yeah, killing the bonerdragon's a bitch, but the loot is soo worth it! As for familiars, the only ones I ever use are the leprechuan, gravy fairy and volleyball - they're pretty much the only wothwhile ones.

One o' my guys is going to smash his hippy stone soonish, I'm just trying to level him down one level. :)

shooby
07-21-2004, 05:38 PM
I signed up to be in Procrastinatus yesterday....

Can I pleeeaazzeee join your clan!!?? :rolleyes:

Icon of Sin
07-22-2004, 08:08 AM
Yeah let Shooby in...

So I am level 9 now... and the only Concil Mission I have to do is help Baron Rof Lm Fao. So I am at the orc chasm but I didnt make it to him today....

I assume you have to be pretty badass to sly the yeti on top of the mountain right, i tried and he whooped me good.

Blasto
07-22-2004, 08:21 AM
Just made it level 11, and I'm STILL getting my rear thwomped on the penultimate fantasy airship. I like how there is always another level of monsters to take yourself down a couple of notches.... 8o

Oh yeah..... Yeti's are my bitches... :cool: :p

no quarter
07-22-2004, 09:09 AM
just started a few days ago at level 3 now. this is kind of fun

nybble
07-22-2004, 09:21 AM
You gotta be level 10 to be able to start hitting the yeti, level 10 with some good boosts (shiny ring, badass built, breathspray of pete, ring of boris, etc...). Having a mr. a really facilitates that. :) I finally got the one hit yeti killing going on and with the new servers, that's a lot of money a lot of fast. :) Be sure you've got a big leprechuan going when you hit the yeti, empathy and polka of plenty will get you the hookup - phat loot's probably good to get the yeti furs dropping a little more often.

no quarter
07-22-2004, 09:51 AM
i just signed up for your clan user name no quarter

Blasto
07-23-2004, 10:28 AM
Hey all, I've been playing the market recently and I scored a rediculously large surplus of Salty Dogs before the price increased. :D This is a special k-network give-away. Just message me (on KOL... "Blasto") and I'll reply with a couple hundred salty-dogs... free of charge. I know with the recent price fixing on some days, they can be a pain to grab from the mall (or for those who don't have mall access... nearly impossible altogether).

no quarter
07-23-2004, 10:41 AM
what are salty dogs

HellForged
07-23-2004, 11:25 AM
Alcoholic drinks that give you more turns.... good for workin' out in the clan gym or havin' extra turns the next day. the turns stay the drunkenness doesn't

~Matthew

Blasto
07-23-2004, 01:04 PM
Alcoholic drinks that give you more turns.... good for workin' out in the clan gym or havin' extra turns the next day. the turns stay the drunkenness doesn't

~Matthew

Actually, they are just about the best alcoholic drink you can get. Lots of turns and some stat points too I believe. There was a bug sometime back that allowed people to replicate them, and millions of them got into circulation, so the price went down to 66 meat for a loooong time. Then, some jerk decided to screw the market, and they shot up to around 700 meat a piece. Luckily, I bought almost 10,000 of them when they were cheap and thought I'd spread the love. :101

Just remember to not get more than 14 drunk (19 if you have the "iron liver"). You can do that by drinking 4 salty dogs (3 drunkeness/dog) + 2 beers (1 drunkeness/can). If you get too drunk, you can't do any more adventuring that day. :(

no quarter
07-24-2004, 07:41 AM
anyone know how to get more turns. i'm not getting verry far on 40 turns a day. after 4 days i'm at level 3. need to know what items or places to go to get more turns if thers any.

thanks

Blasto
07-26-2004, 08:45 AM
anyone know how to get more turns. i'm not getting verry far on 40 turns a day. after 4 days i'm at level 3. need to know what items or places to go to get more turns if thers any.

thanks

If you look through this thread, you'll find a lot of tips on how to get more adventures. Basically, the two ways to do it is to eat food and drink booze. Don't get too drunk or you can't adventure. For the food, just eat until you get the message that says, "You're too full to eat that." Different food and booze give different amounts of adventures. Good luck! :101