View Full Version : Boys you shoulda seen the air hammer......

Little Hen Knives
08-06-2001, 02:26 AM
That I seen today, we have this small CN or train museum just outside the city, shawn ( a buddy of mine ) and i decided to go for a rip on the motorcycles today...and yes! I can ride if I wrap my right wrist in a tensor bandage!....any way we left the city headed for a near by lake to check out the scenery ;) and on the way we passed this museum and it was open! for the first time in I don`t know how many years I`ve drivven by this place I`ve never seen this place open! any way we stopped in and looked at all the stuff ( we never made it to the lake :( ) and WOW did I see the biggest POWER HAMMER that I have ever seen...prolly a 3 to 400# old air hammer, it might even be bigger than that,which was donated to them...this baby stood probably at least 10 feet from the floor and not to mention the mounting stuff that would have been about another foot or so under the concrete amazing!....the down side to this is it is just sitting out side in the rain and the weather, I`d sure like to take it off there hands but I doubt they would part with it....but man the billets a guy could make with that baby!! :evil:

J Loose
08-06-2001, 08:53 AM
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp I live not too far from a town called Barre, which was a huge quarry town at one point. The blacksmithing demo group I am involved with just discovered that there is a building -filled- with power hammers from #25 on up to those #400-500 two story monsters. I guess they used to make all of the granite working tools there. They're just sitting there for now but we're going to suggest that some of Vermont's new historic preservation money go into making it a working historical museum...

I'll sneak some -big- billets in there for sure... ;)

viper5192
08-06-2001, 12:01 PM
Or they could rent them for use to finance the refurbishing ;-) Course you'd have to do onsite, but could be interesting.