View Full Version : Present for my Hubby - Can you Help?

itsalwayssomethin
11-14-2001, 04:01 PM
Would like to give my Sweetie a good storage case for his pocket knife collection for Christmas. Not the $400 wooden case I have seen advertised... but isn't there something else out there pretty nice?

Thanks for your Help.

Rox

jar
11-14-2001, 05:54 PM
Check the Bing Shop www.bingshop.com

Coop747
11-14-2001, 11:11 PM
You ARE a sweetheart for thinking of him with this fine gift idea! :)

Here's a great choice that I took advantage of: It's a solid oak framed wooden toolbox/machinist chest with green felt-lined drawers. 10 drawers and an open top area. It can hold dozens of pocketknives and even fixed blades. Now the REAL Gerstner boxes of this caliber cost about $500.00 (no joke), but this one came from Sam's Club (straight out of Asia somewhere). It is VERY well made, I can testify.

The price? It's an astounding $89.95 !!! I had to join Sam's to take advantage of this deal, but that cost me $30.00. So in effect I paid $120.00 Still a BARGAIN!!! Look up Sam's Club (http://www.samsclub.com)
for a store near you

Hope this helps you. Anyone else interested?

Coop

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/001/PZ/1x/5z/Ix32156.jpg

primos
11-14-2001, 11:30 PM
Now that was a good buy Coop!

I've been a member of Sam's Club for years. Always some good deals there. I've bough tires for our vehicles, stereo and computer equipment and software, even propane tanks for my gas forge.

Maybe Mrs. "itsalwayssomethin" has one in her area. What a nice gift.

jar
11-15-2001, 05:59 AM
That is really nice. What are the dimensions?

Coop747
11-15-2001, 06:36 AM
BIG!

It is 26" by 11" by 19" tall. As you can see it just fits inmy bookcase. It has very sturdy metal finished corners and handles. Maybe brass, but I doubt it. Don't much matter.

There is NO pressboard in this whole unit. It has a different wood for the sides and bottoms of the drawers, but that's it. Solid wood throughout. No plywood.

Coop