View Full Version : Health Insurance

alchemy knife
09-06-2003, 09:05 PM
This is for all of you (like me) that have no health insurance.

I have often wondered why neither of the major knife organizations didn't offer some kind of group health insurance. (I guess a majority of the members already have insurance through their spouses, or through their retirement.)

Being self-employed makes getting reasonably priced health insurance almost impossible. I have searched everywhere, but the prices have been more than I can afford. This has caused me to avoid doctor's visits for over 10 years.:(

I finally found an artist's group that offers an insurance policy that I can afford. (This is a "real" insurance policy instead of the ones that claim to save you 60%.) The best thing is that they cover all artisans (including knifemakers)!

The organization is called Fractured Atlas. Click here for website (www.fracturedatlas.org). The membership costs $75/yr. The bare-bones insurance is just under $75/ month. They seem to offer quite a bit more than just health insurance (grant proposal help, etc).

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I thought I'd pass it on.

Pam

Don Cowles
09-07-2003, 07:08 AM
Thanks, Pam- health insurance is a big issue, and most of us need all the help we can get.

whv
09-08-2003, 06:11 PM
i will soon be leaving my "real job". both my wife and i will need something affordable in the near future.
thanx very much for the tip, pam.