View Full Version : Engraving Class

mrsjoan
08-02-2003, 08:43 PM
Hi guys,

John & I just returned from taking the Basic Engraving Class offered at Montgomery Community College. The class was 9 days and only cost $90.00 to take. If you have ever thought you might want to take up engraving then this is the place to start.

The instructor was Howard Peacock. Howard did a really good job at introducing all of us to basic engraving and then taking each of us as far as we wanted to progress.

We are going to have some fine engravers come out of this class. John being one. Another will be Mike McRae. Mike did some very exceptional work.

If you haven't ever taken the time to register for the classes at the college that our Guild sponsors you should consider it. During the time we were there not only did we have the engraving class going but we also had a class taught by Ed VanHoy on making folders and one taught by Ron Newton on making damascus. Every one I talked with was quite thrilled with everything they learned and the new ideas they were getting.

Tommy, the Board, and the members---THANKS for the hard work each of you guys put forth to make our Guild an astounding success.

John & Joan

Andrew McLurkin
08-03-2003, 03:35 PM
Joan, I'm glad to hear that the class was a good one. Engraving is something I want to learn. All I need is a bunch of time with nothing else to do... yeah right. I?m looking forward to seeing what John comes up with. Thanks for updating us on the classes. We missed you and John at the July meeting. See you at the show.