View Full Version : in the area

doublearrow
06-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Hey guys I'm a newbie knifemaker and I have just moved to Pampa Texas from Denver City Texas and was hoping to find some custom knife shows in the area (amarillo possibly). I'm bored to tears on the weekend seeing as the only people I know are the ones i work with, and I was hoping there might be some area shows to attend. Plus my fiance wouldn't have to listen to me complain about being bored.

KnifeWife
06-25-2003, 02:12 PM
I sent your request out to the membership. Marti & Chris Christman from Top of Texas Knives are kind of in your area. Chris would know where the shows out that way are. I know Amarillo has a few.

Check out the TKCA web site www.tkca.org and look through the members listings to see who's near you. I will also send along any responses I get from the membership.

doublearrow
06-25-2003, 03:49 PM
Your helpfullness and kindness is appreciated.
Ryan Minchew

Geno
06-25-2003, 10:47 PM
Anytime we can help. I can also put you on the mailing list for the TKCA so you'll get a newsletter. You can e-mail your address to me rather than post it.
Knifewife e-mail (knifewife@centercross.com)

Oops. I always do that. This is KnifeWife. Just forgot Gene was logged in. :)

chrisc
06-26-2003, 08:19 PM
If you are willing to drive to Austin, there is going to be the 5th annual Central Texas Knife Show on August 1,2,3. You can contact me for the details.

doublearrow
06-26-2003, 08:31 PM
i appreciate the offer but i am a greenskeeper for a golf course and the first of august is one of our major tournaments, several who have played in this tournament have gone on to the PGA so there's no way I"ll be able to attend. Thanks again. Hopefully once the winter months hit I'll be able to travel a little more to attend shows that are farther away than amarillo.