View Full Version : what makers

nybble
05-07-2003, 09:18 AM
What makers would you like to see get in the balisong game? I know Mayo was looking to get in some time ago, although I'm not sure if those plans are still current. Wouldn't mind seeing a blackwood balisong.

Interestingly, I see a lot of tactical guys getting into the mix, but I wonder what some of the more traditional makers would do with this, like primos or caffrey.

tonyccw
05-07-2003, 12:04 PM
I must a masochist. Bob Lum. Strider. Al Mar.

navajo
05-07-2003, 01:37 PM
Johnny Stoudt. Mainly because he lives about thirty miles from my house.
His auto knives are really beautiful. Bet his balis would be also.:)

sjtinkerer
05-07-2003, 01:44 PM
I would love to see Strider's interpretation of the bali! I'd be very curious as to what Lightfoot could do also.

ghen
05-07-2003, 05:21 PM
Everybody on this Forum, when the Typhoon comes out!!

And Tom Mayo

nybble
05-07-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by ghen
Everybody on this Forum, when the Typhoon comes out!!

Nice, Ghen. :) Very true.

relayer66
05-08-2003, 07:13 AM
This guy.

http://johanknives.com/

tonyccw
05-08-2003, 08:38 AM
I almost forgot: Michael Walker, with his zipper blade.

ExamonLyf
05-08-2003, 06:51 PM
Some great suggestions :)...

I'd really like to see Phil Boguszewski knock a few out simply because I'm pretty darn sure he could nail the pivots...., and he does have a little mill in his basement.. :)

Awesomely smooth folders!

Let's see..., hmmmm...

I'd sure take a Warren Osborne Balisong with that "Winged Death" blade he does....

Oh yeah.. :cool: .., and that hippy guy in Wisconsin (http://www.jodysamson.com/) too...:rolleyes:

penguinva
05-09-2003, 06:30 AM
Tom Anderson, JW Smith & Kit Carson - fit, finish & precision work they do would be incredible in a Bali - Mayo would be good too but I could see Tom getting into the Spam-a-Songs.

Bill

ZENGHOST
05-11-2003, 05:20 PM
I think Blackwood would be pretty cool, still waiting for Mayo follow through on his. Snody would be cool too. Ken Onion, would probably also come up with something innovative.

ExamonLyf
06-01-2003, 03:25 PM
While we're at it.., I think Brad Duncan could do a nice one.., and also Wayne Clark.

ZENGHOST
06-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by penguinva
Tom Anderson, JW Smith & Kit Carson - fit, finish & precision work they do would be incredible in a Bali - Mayo would be good too but I could see Tom getting into the Spam-a-Songs.

Bill
Hopefully Tom Anderson will get into it and do those tritium inserts that he's done on his folders. That would be insanely cool.

KNAdmin
06-02-2003, 05:57 PM
Very true ...

Microtech did those years ago. We've got those on order and they should be here any day. I'm not sure about the final price on them, but they're easy to install and pretty inexpensive. I'd say they'll show up on a lot of typhoons pretty soon ... can't wait! Maybe we'll have them turn the lights off at the Blade Show so we can have a typhoon twirling exhibition.

Alex

ZENGHOST
06-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by CKDAdmin
Very true ...

Microtech did those years ago. We've got those on order and they should be here any day. I'm not sure about the final price on them, but they're easy to install and pretty inexpensive. I'd say they'll show up on a lot of typhoons pretty soon ... can't wait! Maybe we'll have them turn the lights off at the Blade Show so we can have a typhoon twirling exhibition.

Alex
Are you talking about the tritium dots that they used to use on some of the auto buttons? I recall hearing that they stopped making them--was this just leftover stock? That'd be cool--definitely let us know when/if it's available (or just me is fine too :D )

KNAdmin
06-02-2003, 10:29 PM
Yes, those are what I was referring to.

Actually, we're working on a method to make it more versitile for our type of use. I think you'll like it!

Alex

ZENGHOST
06-02-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by CKDAdmin
Yes, those are what I was referring to.

Actually, we're working on a method to make it more versitile for our type of use. I think you'll like it!

Alex
Cool...can't wait...

penguinva
06-03-2003, 02:07 AM
Zenghost,
Have been talking to Tom A. already about doing some Balis - was on back-burner until he came out with "NUKE" & "ALIEN" folders - when i mentioned about Balis with inserts & flippin' in the dark it did pique his interest - will be talking to him more at Blade about it snce we will be neighbors - going to try to convince him that he has to do this. 0] :cool: :D

Bill

ZENGHOST
06-03-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by penguinva
Zenghost,
Have been talking to Tom A. already about doing some Balis - was on back-burner until he came out with "NUKE" & "ALIEN" folders - when i mentioned about Balis with inserts & flippin' in the dark it did pique his interest - will be talking to him more at Blade about it snce we will be neighbors - going to try to convince him that he has to do this. 0] :cool: :D

Bill
Good job, dude--we all gotta put the squeeze on makers to come out with balis...:D Especially if they're going to glow in the dark! And from what I've seen, Tom can do it...