View Full Version : Careful - with e-mails from me - Virus

JerryO13
02-12-2001, 12:59 PM
If you recieve an e-mail from me with "Romeo & Juliet" or "Here it goes ;) " (or something like that) please do not open it. I've shut down my e-mail after it happened, but I can't guarantee that I got to it in time.

Also if anyone here is also a TKCL member could you let them know also. It shouldn't affect them as they do not allow attachments, but better safe than sorry.

Don Cowles
02-12-2001, 01:26 PM
Jerry- I will post your message on the TKCL

CKDadmin
02-12-2001, 01:28 PM
See computer board.

Then get SR-1 patch from Microsoft's site.

Alex

JerryO13
02-12-2001, 05:57 PM
Alex, as you know I post from the office and we use a seperate server for e-mail and internet access. I had the IT boys fix it. they ran around installing patches everywhere. I honestly didn't think it would be sent by my machine, I download upgrades myself, but I did not want to take a chance.

Don thanks for letting the TKCL know. It actually made Darrel check his machine and he found a totally different virus on it :)

KnifeWife
02-12-2001, 10:33 PM
Here's a great site to take care of the virus running rampant right now.
(I received two e-mails containing it tonight, but caught both before the attachments were opened.)
www.antivirus.com/pc-cillin/vinfo (http://www.antivirus.com/pc-cillin/vinfo)

JerryO13
02-13-2001, 05:30 PM
Pat,

thanks, but be careful with that software, if it tells you to delete a file you'd better be sure you don't need it. I used it on my sister's home machine and it deleted one of the windows system files.